CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Emotional wreck

Warning, this post is again about running.

I'm about to enter my last week of tapering and part of this process, besides running, includes reading inspirational stories about marathons, quotes, pictures, etc. Anything that will keep you pumped up, even if you are only running a fraction of the miles you had in past weeks. Today I took some time to look up some first time marathon bloggers. I found several blogs about runner's personal experiences during their first races.

While most of you know I'm a emotional wreck to begin with, reading these peoples stories didn't help my case. I was a sobbing mess and I was only at mile 12 of my first blog. I cried after my very first half marathon in Indianapolis, partially because I thought I was lost in the sea of thousands of people and because I thought I'd never find my family. Then there was the fact that I'd just conquered, at the time, my biggest physical and mental challenge yet. For some people, the feeling of finishing a race you had been training months for will bring a person to tears. Apparently, for me, just reading about someone else's finish brings me to tears.

I'm warning my friends and family now; I will be an emotional wreck. In one post I read, a girl ended up breaking down in tears several times throughout the race, just knowing that she was on pace to be an official marathoner and all her training was paying off as she passed each mile marker. How does that thought not give you goose bumps or bring a tear to your eye?


3 comments:

Mom said...

I too won't forget your first marathon, just like all your other firsts. Love Mom

Debbie said...

Oh my god... am I going to have to send you a chalkboard to hang around your neck so you can tally your own crying record? I think I am!!! :D

Kristin said...

Yay you can do it! Can't wait to hear how the race goes for you :)